Church in the Canyon’s Women’s Ministry is warmly referred to as “L.I.F.T.” which stands for Ladies in Fellowship and Teaching. Our L.I.F.T ministry is made up of real women living life together who want to know one another, love and serve our church body and community, and be transformed through God’s Word and His love and grace.
Women’s ministry at Church in the Canyon knows that every woman’s time is precious and limited and that many things in this life vie for our attention and time. Yes, we know that we as women are often overwhelmed and sometimes over-committed. Our hope and goal is to offer key events and helps that come along side women in an effort to help them grow spiritually in their walks with the Lord and to be involved in the church community and the greater community as well as helping them to use their God-given talents and gifts to serve others in order to give Him the glory.
Our hope and goal is for every woman to feel valued, welcomed and experience the amazing love of Jesus that changes and transforms lives.
Some of our activities and events:
- Bible Study: We have a Bible Study and Breakfast on the fourth (4th) Saturday of each month in the church kitchen. We have occasional special weekly or evening Bible studies.
- Sewing Group Fellowship: We have a monthly opportunity aptly called “Sew What” to meet with others who bring their handwork projects to work on — knitting, crocheting, cross stitch, mending, etc., and to enjoy spending time in fellowship.
- Outreach to our world: We have an opportunity called “Sew In”. We come together quarterly on Saturday (lunch is provided) to make wheelchair and walker pockets. They are then donated to Joni and Friends International Disability Ministry and are distributed, in connection with their “Wheels for the World” outreach, to those in need in countries around the world.
- Fellowship: We enjoy periodic “field trips” to places of fun, beauty or ministry. Movie nights, dinners out, and other times to just relax and enjoy one another are sprinkled into the calendar as time allows. We enjoy an annual special Christmas party together as well.
- Retreat: We have an annual women’s retreat to dig deeper into the Word of God and enjoy fellowship.
- Ministry: We oversee the Nursery for CITC and enjoy the ministry we have to the little ones and their parents.
We invite each of you, women in all stages of life, to connect with us as a safe place in your life to live the plan the Lord has for each of you as individuals. We honestly love to laugh, share, listen, and help each other as we grow in our relationships with God and would love for you to join us.
Contact us by emailing: LIFT@ChurchintheCanyon.org
LIFT Steering Committee: Marilyn Rosenberg (Head), Christine Burrows, Rene Smith and Kathleen Brooks
For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart. — Jeremiah 29:11-13